Sunday, June 26, 2011

Learning Perl

I've recently decided to learn Perl after hearing about its usefulness during a recent job interview.
I've found an online "book" called Beginning Perl (free). I plan to spend the following week reading this book to get a basic understanding of Perl.

So far I've installed a Perl distribution called ActivePerl for Windows so I can jump into programming without installing UNIX.
I'll eventually migrate to using Perl in UNIX/Linux so I can learn both at the same time.

I plan to document my progression on this blog, we'll see how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. Do it, so that i'm motivated as well.

    -Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ... Do it. My manager asked me to convert a Perl script into MatLAB program. So, I needed to know how a Perl script is written.

    One thing you need to learn along with Perl is Regular Expression, which is used in many programming languages.

    Andy(Cuong Cao)

    ReplyDelete